Scale-UP Sessions #4
STOP PRESS: This edition of the Scale-Up Sessions has unfortunately been cancelled due to matters of state. It has been postponed until after the Queen’s funeral and will be rescheduled as soon as possible. Design Manchester and BIPC Greater Manchester apologise for the inconvenience.
This edition of the Scale Up Sessions considers the post-pandemic re-emergence of the live and on-demand music industry, thrown into turmoil during lockdown, but finding new ways of building creative businesses in what is always a dynamic commercial enterprise environment.
In one of the new performance spaces in the (multi-miliion pound) freshly-refurbished, iconic Manchester venue Band on the Wall, we’ll be considering how we’re overcoming the difficulties of the post-pandemic return to live performance and the changing climate for musicians, as well as the threats and opportunities presented by the ever-advancing digital world, including artificial intelligence techniques in sound recording, performance in virtual spaces, personalised fan products and direct creator-to-fan relationships.
- John Robb (Chair) — journalist, musician, and host of Louder Than Words music literature festival
- Gavin Sharp — CEO of Band on the Wall
- Terry Tyldesley — musician and music tech consultant
- Simon Scott — CIRKAY & Push Entertainment social commerce technology companies
- Fiona McGarva — Sundae Communications and Lost Horizon, a VR and live creative events company
Curated for BIPC Greater Manchester by Malcolm Garrett and Kasper de Graaf, Design Manchester