Sustainable Challenge: Open Expert Talks
This series of talks by experts and professionals from the UK and Spain takes place within the framework of the Sustainable Challenge “Gender perspective in fashion”, a joint initiative of MODA-FAD in Barcelona, Design Manchester and the British Council with the overarching aim of rethinking the future of the sector from the point of view of sustainability. Some of the talks will be in English and some in Spanish.
The purpose of these talks during Design Manchester’s DM20 festival, is to present the experience of experts and provide knowledge about the gender perspective and inspiration to the 40 students who are participating in the Sustainable Challenge, to assist them with the development of their proposals and projects which will be presented online to the public on 21 November during Barcelona Design Week.
The talks sessions will be introduced by representatives of the partner organisations:
- Núria Mora, President of MODA-FAD,
- Malcolm Garrett MBE, Joint Artistic Director of Design Manchester
- Ludovic Assemat, Head of Arts at British Council Spain.
The sessions will be led and moderated by the project curators, Roberto Piqueras (Spain) and Lucy-Isobel Bonner (UK).
The first session, on 15 November from 5-7 pm GMT, features:
- Fashion stylist and activist Joss Jaycoff
- Carmen Fernández Molina, vice-president of Gitanas Feministas
- Ben Ditto, creative director of DITTO London
- Social educator, anthropologist and lecturer Èrika Dominguez Antillano
View the first session here:
The experts presenting in the second session, on 16 November from 5-7 pm GMT, are:
- Eden Loweth, creative director of Art School
- Strategist and consultant Faith Robinson
- Wekaforé Jibril, creative director of Wekafore
- Alona Pardo, curator at Barbican Art Gallery
View the second session here: