What’s the best path into a creative career? A job? A startup? Does an art and design education offer the prospect of making a secure living in the age of artificial intelligence?
magneticNorth’s Lou Cordwell explores these questions with some of the top employers and buyers of creative talent in the Manchester and UK economy:
- the BBC: Jane Murison, Head of User Experience & Design
- ITV: Tessa Hoffe, Director of Coronation Street
- Co-op Digital: Claire Gallagher, Head of Talent
- Auto Trader: Sarah Brooks-Pearce, Future Talent Manager
- Manchester Architects: Ged Couser, Principal BDP Architects and President of Manchester Architects (RIBA)
A limited number of free tickets are available for students and staff at University of Salford School of Arts & Media, Manchester School of Art and Bolton University Art, Design & Media: please obtain booking link from course leaders.
Picture: ‘Coming from the Mill’, L.S. Lowry, 1930 (detail)